Bad Driburg was largely spared any great war damage.Between 19, the spa was commandeered by the British Occupation authorities. In 1970 came amalgamation with the heretofore independent communities of Alhausen, Erpentrup, Herste, Langeland, Pömbsen and Reelsen.In 1323 Dringenberg, now a constituent community of Bad Driburg, was granted town rights and was seat of the free court until 1765.
The document granting them, however, was lost long ago.In 1593, the Driburger Heilquellen (healing springs) were once more made usable.In the next century, two town fires in relatively quick succession—in 1680 and again in 1683—burnt the town to the ground.On 1 July 1990, Bad Driburg celebrated its 700-year town jubilee.On 27 March 1994, the "Driburg Therme" thermal baths opened. In 868, a convent was established on the site of today's Neuenheerse by Luithard, the third Bishop of Paderborn, to foster the Christianization of the Saxons.
Dating d Langeland
On or 5 April 1782, the Brunswick Oberjägermeister (roughly "High Hunting Master"), Caspar Heinrich von Sierstorpff, founded the Driburg spa, which is still owned today by his descendents, the counts von Oeynhausen-Sierstorpff.In 1803, Driburg passed to Prussia, and its old connection to the Prince-Bishopric of Paderborn was dissolved.In 1938, the synagogue was destroyed, and the Jewish townsfolk found themselves faced with a time of hardship and persecution under the Nazis.Towards the end of the Second World War, on 5 April 1945, the town was taken over by American troops.In 1974 came government recognition as a spa town, although the town had been calling itself Bad Driburg for many years.
In 1975 came further amalgamations as the town of Dringenberg and the communities of Kühlsen and Neuenheerse were merged into Bad Driburg. Six years later, on , the thermal boring was successfully completed.In 868, the Bishop of Paderborn founded the convent at Neuenheerse, now a constituent community of Bad Driburg.The convent church was built much later, in the early 12th century.The 18th century brought the Seven Years' War between 17, which left a wake of death and destruction.The Franzosengrab ("Frenchmen's Grave") on Brunnenstraße recalls the many victims of the fighting and epidemics.